Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mother and Son Torture

I fell asleep fitfully last night, I am not sure if that has an connection with the severity of my nightmares, I guess I will see if there happens to be a pattern while I am blogging.

My nightmare had the quality of an old silent movie, it was colored in sepia tones but had the choppy movement effect sort of like The Nightmare Before Christmas, It was silent, there was no sound at all.

In the dream I am feeding my son in a rocking chair, the chair is attached to a large machine, I remember sitting there looking at my son as he eats and sleepily swipes at his eyes, he has a habit of rubbing his little hands on his head as he falls asleep. When he was done eating I picked him up and started walking him back to our room but hundreds of small, thin wiry appendages snaked out and began picking and pulling at my hair and my skin, ripping chunks of skin and clumps of hair as it slowly pulled me and Eli back to the rocking chair. We were forced to sit back down, and the machine somehow began to slowly paralyze us so that we would be unable to move, but would stay in the same position, with me holding him in the cradle position with his empty bottle in his mouth, the only difference is that instead of looking at him I was paralyzed looking straight ahead. We could hear, we could think and we could scream (although in the dream I could not hear it.) A small rectangular mirror, like a rearview mirror was slid in front of us, it had another equally small rectangular mirror attached, overlapping in the middle. I could see myself in one mirror and my son in the other. We were left that way while the dream panned out and I saw we were on display in a museum, people were pointing and marveling at us, while Eli and I could do nothing but sit and starve, screaming and in pain in our own waste. Then I woke up.

Another one that had me shaky for hours afterwards.

1 comment:

Robot Dancers said...

I don't know what I would do if I had dreams like that..you should eventually compose all of your nightmares into a book or something. I think people would be strangely fascinated.